Welcome to Artspace Cinderford.
Artspace Cinderford are an arts and education based charity based in the Forest of Dean. Established in 1988, the organisation specialises in offering fully inclusive, accessible creative opportunities for people of any age or ability.
Artspace are based at the New Mercury arts centre, Cinderford and offer a wide range of courses and one off workshops for adults and children, including painting and drawing, animation, drama, singing and circus skills.
In addition to the in-house programme, the organisation works extensively on an out-reach basis, at festivals, events and in schools, carehomes and village venues.
Home is where the art is…
Artspace Cinderford are delighted to announce that, with funding from Adult Education in Gloucestershire, we can offer people the chance to be part of a unique project that celebrates the power of creativity during social distancing and ends in an an exciting exhibition of your work.
Just think, at some point our experience of the Covid-19 virus and all the emotions that came with it, will be in the past. We will be able to meet up to share our stories, to discuss our version of events, to think back to how we felt during social distancing. Even though we are all ‘in it together’, everyone has a unique story to tell – there will be dark clouds and silver linings for all of us. So, imagine how fascinating it will be to come together, once we are able, to look at a collection of artwork, made by us now.
How will it work?
– Get expert tuition and guidance from professional artists, right in the comfort of your own home.
– Be supported to connect with others and share your work via social media and our online gallery.
– Work towards creating a piece which will be part of an incredible ‘real life’ retrospective exhibition of work created during Covid-19 social distancing.
How can I get involved?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in a place and find out more.
Courses are FREE if you are aged 19 and over and:
– Have a disability or long term illness. Or,
– Need to gain confidence. Or,
– Have qualifications less than level 2 (5 GCSE’s). Or,
if none of the above apply, donate to participate.
If you have any queries you can contact us on 01594 825111 or email email@example.com
Many thanks, Artspace Team.